Thanksgiving, Christmas decorations and books

Our Thanksgiving feast was less than 24 hours ago and we have already had leftovers a few times, set up the Christmas tree and wreaths on the windows, and watched a Christmas train movie. We began a new tradition of the kids wrestling Gil after all the dishes were done. All were safe until a lip or nose was bumped a little too hard on the floor. I wonder how long it will be until the kids can combine their strength and out-wrestle Gil?



I’ve done almost all of our Christmas shopping already, but I have two more books to tell you about if you are looking for some ideas....


Randy Frazee wrote a 90 day devotional for kids called Think, Act, Be Like Jesus. I like it and will gift it to one of the girls for Christmas. It has nice, high quality pages, nice pictures and the length of the daily reading is perfect for my readers. He includes about 30 devos on thinking like Jesus, 30 on acting like Jesus and 30 on being like Jesus. It’s basic and easily understood. It will be a great companion to her new Bible. 














Also, if you’re into coloring, or know someone who is (I have two avid colorers in my house....three if I let myself play, too) I got my hands on the second in Daria Song’s coloring books, called The Time Chamber, a magical story and coloring book. Again, it has the beautiful pictures to follow along the little story of a red-haired fairy that lives in a cuckoo clock. She decides to discover what lives on the outside of the clock while her girl sleeps at night. Everything she touches turns into something magical and more beautiful than before. I am glad to have both books in the series now. These will be well-received on Christmas morning. 





A very special thank you to booklookbloggers.com for sending my Think, Act Be Like Jesus in exchange for my own opinions. And Bloggingforbooks.com for sending my Daria Song’s new coloring book in exchange for my own opinions. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make new friends but keep the old, some are silver and the other is gold

Snow Queens and C0vid

I’m the reason the UPS guy has a new route