Looking at beautiful things

So, I have been blogging for a homeschool company and although I can't repost what I wrote for them, I can link to it. Within a blogpost about why I love homeschooling so much, I shared about how my dear mentor taught me "to look" at my kids. She told me about how it made her kids feel a little awkward at times...but she studied their faces in an attempt to remember them at that age forever.

I try to do that, but I still seem to somehow forget what they look like. Thank goodness for pictures!

There are beautiful things around us all the time and we seem to slip right past them.

As for another beautiful thing, I received a gorgeous coloring book for grown-ups. It's called The Time Garden by Daria Song and it has a little story that goes along with it...about a girl and her German cuckoo clock. The images are so pretty, imaginative and detailed. The paper quality is nice. Also, if you'd prefer the book without the jacket cover, you can color in the cover of the book too. My girls are begging me to keep this book, but I have someone special in mind for this book....I bet I will be purchasing two or three more of these though!



**Thanks bloggingforbooks for a free copy in exchange for my own review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make new friends but keep the old, some are silver and the other is gold

6 months and 1 day

New Things Learned About CT