Move Over Monday: My Family Right Now


Hello there. I unintentionally took a two week hiatus from blogging. We had family visiting us during the first week and it seems I am not the type of blogger that can get my posts prepared far enough in advance to make it happen nor the type to steal away a few minutes to get my non-essential things done with company around. Week number two, well, who really knows what happened to week #2? Normal life continued to roll on in all other areas except the blogging. Maybe my next goal should be to get ahead of my posts and set them to post at the right time…. I'll need a lesson for that. 

So, in honor of Mother's Day approaching, I'd like to share a little poem I wrote many years ago to celebrate those that call me "mom". In all honesty, becoming a mom was the greatest fear I ever had- yet one of the things I desired so deeply. I had plenty of reasons to be fearful of the task, just as most women feel prior to (and during) mothering + a whole bag of extra reasons (that might eventually make it to paper one day); and yet we've been so blessed to have the three world-changers snoozing upstairs. With some serious mentoring, hours spent reading anything I could get my hands on, 76, 869.5 hours of on-the-job-training, and by God's heaps of grace (the real reason), I immediately fell in love with my role as mom. There are days that are tougher than others, but it all smooths out in the end and we start over the next day. 

So, here it is. Be forewarned, I am a "roses are red, violets are blue" kind of poet...

My Family Right Now (12/23/10, edited 5/4/2015)


That’s my Adi Marie
With a very cute little tushie.
And a smile as big as the sea. 
That’s my Adi Marie. 

That’s my Emma Colleen
She’s as sweet as a jelly bean. 
Her heart is so naturally keen. 
That’s my Emma Colleen. 
That’s my Judah dog. 
He’s smart and eats like a hog.
He sheds fur as thick as ocean fog. 
That’s my Judah dog. 
That’s my Gilbert Benjamin. 
He's a great daddy for our two little women. 
He is fast like the wind and very genuine.
That’s my Gilbert Benjamin. 
That's my sweet little Philip. 
He plays "how early can we get up?"
He melts hearts with his smile and loves his new cup.
That's my sweet little Philip. 

That’s my Lyzza Jane.
She just about needs a cane. 
She’s old and sweet and doesn’t like rain.
That’s my Lyzza Jane. 
That’s my family right now. 
I love them more than I know how.   
I feel in a constant state of wow,
Because I can’t believe this is my family right now. 


PS- Lyzza Jane was our enormous lab we had in Virginia. She was really sick and hung on until right as we were preparing to move, but she was a great dog!

PPS- the math cats helped me figure out how long I've been a mum. Cool website. 

PPSS- Have you ever been so scared of something, yet wanted it so badly? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make new friends but keep the old, some are silver and the other is gold

6 months and 1 day

New Things Learned About CT