Favorite Things Friday!


Hello world! Yay, it's Friday!!! Even though my Friday's don't look too different than the rest of my days, there always seems to be a lighter feel to the day. Do you feel it, too?

So, here is my list of the best things or thoughts this week:

#1 Nourish Organic Body Lotion, lavender mint scent. Gil stashed this in my stocking at Christmas and I instantly loved it. Soon though, the baby found a way to hide it from me for the last 4 months. It turned up again this week and the girls and I have been using it like crazy. Go get yourself some and try and tell me you don't like it too. (If you don't like it, I'll happily take it off your hands!)




#2 My second favorite thing this week has been this cake! Cinnamon, chocolate, banana, brown sugar…. are you drooling yet? Many moons ago, Gil asked me to make him a coffee cake. Surprisingly so, there are loads of theories on the perfect coffee cake. In my opinion, this one fits the bill. Head on over to the Idea Room and try it for yourself. (And since there are bananas, yogurt and eggs in the recipe, it's like breakfast food anyway!)
    I did alter her recipe slightly. I felt 2 cups of sugar was way too much, so I only used 1 cup and it still turned out rather sweet. Also, I only had a little bit of yogurt left (which I needed to save for the 'starter ' of my next batch) so I swapped milk for that. I'll definitely use the yogurt next time. How much can you change in a recipe and still claim to follow it??


#3 And for my serious favorite thing- this quote from my pastor: "Before you ever preach to your kids, tell them the stories of what God has done for you over and over. Tell them and retell them the promises God has made and how he has met you in the midst of the battles." (Dr. Richard Lafferty, 4/26/15) He was preaching on Joshua 23:3-5 and encouraging us to "be mindful", to remind ourselves about what God has done already. It stuck with me and I wanted to share it with you.
    Isn't it true though? Retelling the stories of what/where/when God got us through, how I knew he was there, pointing to the miraculous moments, identifying God in the everyday and mundane, celebrating the victories and walking through the sadness with us- God was in the midst of it. Sharing these things gives a depth to our own story and validates these words we preach. When we tell the stories of our personal experiences with God, it's as if we are saying "kids, God has done these xyz amazing things and now let me tell you who this God is." What a way to give an introduction!


#4 Gifford's S'mores ice cream. It's from Maine and it's amazing. Shhh…don't tell anyone, but it's better than the Dairy Bar. A dear friend visited us this past weekend. She knows how much my family values good ice cream, so she warned us to have our spoons ready. She also came armed with information on which grocery store near me sold it and instructions to print coupons from the website. 

Now it's your turn. What has been a favorite thing for you this week? What story about God moving in your own life can you share with someone?

Love,
Lindsay
   

I am not being compensated by anyone, just stuff I like and thought you might too. Although, if Gifford's wants me to be their local taste-tester, I'd be more than happy to oblige.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make new friends but keep the old, some are silver and the other is gold

Snow Queens and C0vid

I’m the reason the UPS guy has a new route