Under the Pew



Since my youngest has been old enough to wiggle, I have continually found him laying down beneath the church pew. I have tried my best to silently wrestle markers, crayons, pens and pencils out of his hands before he left an everlasting impression upon the seats, but I am certain he scribbled on the bottom of the pew at least once already. One day, I just might get down there and take a look for myself. 

Last Sunday, I snapped a picture of his view during service. We sit on the last row, so it showed all the rows ahead of us and it’s quite an interesting view. A low view. An unimpressive view. A quiet view. A grounded view. 

Ben’s view made me think of how young children see people. They can’t tell the quality of our clothes or the status that we try to portray to other people. Kids can’t determine our value based on the cute shoes we wear, the loud voices we turn on, or the smart sounding words we employ. Kids are straightforward and honest. Their view is grounded. 

We should, like always, be more like young children. We should be grounded. We should stay focused on building our foundations and worry less about boasting our status. And, I think, when we are comfortable enough to get very low.... very quiet... very grounded while in the presence of God, He will guide us and show us wonderful things about himself and other people. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make new friends but keep the old, some are silver and the other is gold

6 months and 1 day

Snow Queens and C0vid