21 Day Challenge and a new cookbook

My bff and I are finishing up a 21 day fitness challenge. We texted each other every bite we ate and when we worked out. We also shared our starting weight, measurements and pictures...then again at the end of each week. The accountability has been nice. Coincidentally, I received Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook during the first week of the challenge, which was a great help when it came to preparing healthier meals for myself and the family. 


Flipping through the cookbook, I immediately noticed the beautiful images, the high quality way the book was made. (Strangely, I love nice paper and books made with attention to quality.) 

I was excited to get hard copies of drink and smoothie recipes floating around online. I feel armed with 496 pages of recipe ideas to get me through the slumps of “what’s for dinner tonight?” moments. 

As far as the cookbook itself, I do have to say that this isn’t something for someone who has not read the first Trim Healthy Mama book. There is lingo, abbreviations and THM culture words that might be super confusing to the novice THM-er. However, if you’ve read any THM or can decipher what they are talking about, most recipes can be adapted to use ingredients at home. Which leads me to my only other wince about the book- it does “require” many of the THM items or other items that aren’t easily found in the local grocery store unless you are already used to looking for them. 


So far, my favs are the Cream of Sweet Stuff Soup on page 114, a wonderfully smooth sweet potato soup, the BLT frittata on page 74, and the entire Candies and Bars section that begins on mage 346. 


Thank you, Blogging for Books for the free copy in exchange for my own opinions of the book. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make new friends but keep the old, some are silver and the other is gold

6 months and 1 day

New Things Learned About CT