A good Bible for tween girls (Book Review)

Shhhhh! Christmas shopping spoiler alert! 

I am on the hunt for the right Bibles for my girls for Christmas. It sounds snotty and silly, but I have a few things I’d like to see in a Bible, other than the obvious.... 

I want Bible that are real, not children’s editions. Since they are memorizing scripture in the ESV and NIV translations, I want them to be able to look up their verses on their own and have it match what they are learning. 

I’d like their Bibles to feel sturdy enough to last being tossed in backpacks, taken to church in bad weather and hidden down in the depths of the mysterious land under their beds. 

So, BookLook sent me one to review and I am happy with it. The NIV Faithgirlz Bible has a hard cover with a magnetic closure, cute devotionals and definitions within the text....and best of all, the text is printed in PURPLE ink. The purple text sold me. As far as the devotionals and definitions go, I like that the editors included age appropriate questions for the girls to think about and ways to apply what they read in their own lives. My girls are 7 1/2 and 9 and I think this Bible would be appealing to either of them for many years. 


Now, I have to go find another one.... has anyone see a pink camo Bible around? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make new friends but keep the old, some are silver and the other is gold

6 months and 1 day

New Things Learned About CT