Father's Day

Father's day is coming this weekend and while I sit with the baby as he makes laps around his train table, I thought of a few things that make my husband a great dad. Here is my quick list:

July 2008 
 I know he's a good dad because the girls always sleep in his T shirts when he is out of town, then they wake up smelling like his cologne. 

I know he is a good dad because he treats them to Starbucks cookies or ice cream after they've done well- or just because. 

I know he's a good dad because others have said they wish they had a relationship with their dad the way he relates to our kids. 

I know he's a good dad because he dances with us to our Refit DVD, watches CloneWars cartoons like they are his favorite show of all time and sings Let it go. 

I know he's a good dad because of the way he told me he was ready to face the challenge of being a dad. 

Easter, 2009

I know he's a good dad when he steps in and sends ME to time out when I need it. 

I know he's a good dad because of they way he is a deeply, good friend to the other men in his life and who he chooses as his own influences and mentors.  

I know he's a good dad when he dances with me in front of the kids. 

I know he is a good dad when he keeps replacing his sporty water bottles because the kids (ahem, we) keep losing them. 

I know he is a good dad because he meets with God on our behalf. 

I know he is a good dad because my girls want, and have, camo hats like his. 
July 2014

Thanks for being a great dad to our kids, hun! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make new friends but keep the old, some are silver and the other is gold

6 months and 1 day

New Things Learned About CT