Top 10 Reasons I Enjoy Itinerating:


(In no particular order!)
  1. My kids get to play in a different nursery/children’s church each week. This is ideal while their toys are in storage. 
  2. We get to meet awesome people from all over the area. 
  3. I get to wear the same outfit each week, which is awesome since that includes my new brown boots. 
  4. I frequently get told I don’t look old enough to be married, have kids and have spent this much time in ministry. To this I kindly chuckle on the outside and smile huge on the inside. 
  5. A new group of people get to hear about what Chi Alpha is each week. 
  6. Eating. Lots of eating. 
  7. I get a chance to take a peak into the life of a local pastor, whom I wouldn’t have otherwise gotten to meet or learn about. Just as any individual would be so dramatically different than the next, so are these pastors. It’s fun learning about them, their family and their unique personalities. 
  8. Crossing back and forth, this way and that, both near and far across the state of Connecticut (and Mass. later this month) helps to learn the geography of area. This is helpful to a new resident of the state. 
  9. We get to brag about God and his miracle making moments in our lives and the lives of those we have walked alongside. Which is super cool. 
  10. I get to give the pep talk in the car on the way: “Girls, today we are going to a different church. Yes, different than the one last week. You must act like ladies, not monsters. You will be polite and stay with mom & dad until we find the kid rooms. Got it?” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make new friends but keep the old, some are silver and the other is gold

6 months and 1 day

New Things Learned About CT